Since the last blog lots of things have happened. Obvious really but I thought I should mention it because I don’t plan to try and remember them in any detail.As humph preens my hair, here they are in a nutshell:
- My last week at Goldsmiths has been and gone. More about this later.
- I Still haven’t written to anyone 🙁
- For health reasons ,I have stopped drinking.
- Michele had a birthday.
- We had our eighth wedding anniversary.
- My sister has moved back to London at last!
- The 120GB Maxor hard-disk I bought to replace the 80 Maxtor drive that packed-up without warning, packed-up without warning. I’m now the proud owner of a 300G Seagate drive and in the process of recompiling my music collection. technology…tchoh…
- 4 bombs went off in London during the rush-hour and,without wanting to belittle the terrible trauma of the families involved, very few people were killed or injured.
- Live 8 and G8 came and went
- All of the Londoners who didn’t even want the sodding olympics still got a warm smug feeling when the announcement was made. But purely because it didn’t go to Paris 🙂
- other stuff too probly
Yesterday was my last day at Goldsmiths. It’s true to say that after 13 years I’ve become a tad institutionalised and so it’s very difficult to believe at the moment. There was a leaving do in the Hobgoblin after work and it was great, if not a little emotional. Not drinking at such an event is surprisingly enjoyable. Apart from remembering it the next day, I didn’t feel ill, didn’t say or do anything regretful and still had as good a time. Weird eh ?
When I resigned, it was made clear that I didn’t want a collection or a ceremony. Mainly because I’d left and returned several years ago; two collections would be a bit embarrassing. They cheated and made a collection but turned it into a kitty to buy everyone drinks which was great. They also bought me a present, wrapped in brown paper to reduce its presentishness. The perfect present in fact: a USB hub and combined coffee cup warmer! Fantastic.
[Humph says: 8ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttt ]
There were cards full of really lovely comments, an excellent custom-made t-shirt [“veg – out”] that loads of people signed. lots of people I haven’t seen for ages turned up too. Lovely to see you folks!
Plenty of people took pictures so there should be some up soon.
This morning, Suzanne was kind enough to help me move my 13 years of office detritus from work to home. Two huge carboard-boxes full of junk, an old Alpha, and a ZX81. We’ve got too much stuff in our little flat…
When I got home last night, the realisation that I’d left the place kicked in and caused me to panic. Scary things.